Buying or selling a home or residential unit can be one of the largest financial transactions that you will ever enter into. It is also a complex transaction with complicated legal issues and the involvement of various people and organisations including real estate agents, banks, Government departments, the other party to the transaction and their lawyers. The consequences of any oversights or mistakes could have a severe impact on you.
CBC’s residential conveyancing matters are conducted by highly trained specialist Conveyancers in our Residential Conveyancing Division, Conveyancing Cottage.
Our Conveyancers are able to provide a personal, cost effective conveyancing service in a friendly but professional way. Based in Townsville, we help clients throughout North Queensland including Mt Isa and the Burdekin.
Our Conveyancers are happy to review your Contract, especially before you sign, and discuss the following points and more with you:
- Standard Residential House & Land Contracts and it’s terms and conditions, including your rights regarding finance and the building and pest inspections;
- Auction Contracts – their meaning and effect on you;
- Off-the-plan Contracts – the impact on you of the special conditions usually attached to this type of Contract;
- The cooling off period – your rights and the penalty you may have to pay;
- Payment of the deposit – your obligations;
- Any easements and covenants affecting Title of the property you are buying or selling;
- Cost estimates including transfer duty (formerly known as stamp duty) and other disbursements such as searches and registration fees;
- Transfer duty and any concessions available to you; and
- Any other matters you may have concerns about.
In addition to standard home and land conveyances, we are also able to represent clients in any other matters that involve the transfer of ownership of houses and land such as transferring ownership to a company, Trust or Superannuation Fund to protect the asset and/or obtain taxation benefits, or to transfer property between parties following a relationship breakdown.
The CBC Lawyers Team have many years of criminal law experience including acting for clients who have been charged with offences ranging from traffic offences through to the most serious of crimes.
With that experience, and our practical, reassuring manner, our team can reduce or even remove the anxiety and worry that comes with being charged with a criminal offence.
If you would like to request a consultation complete our online form or call our office.
The Conveyancing Cottage is the residential division of Crosby Brosnan & Creen Lawyers.